Friday 5 February 2010

None EU conform carrots...

Hi again!

As some of you already know, I am not such a big fan of the European Union (quite contrary to the readhead, I have to say...). No big surprise, maybe, as I am from a small farm with a very modest agricultural yield in the Boehemian forest. My former boss, Toni, had lotsa problems, and I am sorry to say that my relatives on the farm did not excactly go out of their way to help him (Something of a family feud my grandfather told me!) - and when Toni turned to the bottle... Well it was downhill from then on...

Anyway; you've probably all seen those cucumbers complying with EU regulations at the local grocery? But did you know that EU-law also applies to something as mundane as carrots? So on my latest "tour de force" to Mühlviertel as I were shopping veggies for my cellar in Vienna, I happened to come across these anti-EU carrots. The last picture shows me and an almost criminal carrot. Cute guy eh? (I mean the one with the attractive ears..)
Hmmm  my tummy is in the mode for some carrot soup tonite....
Pfiati (as we say here in Austria)








No comments:

Post a Comment