Sunday 31 January 2010

Teatime in the Vienese forest.

Dear Blog
Today I had planned for a day in solitude and contemplation, but alas! my live-ins had decided going for a walk in the snowy Vienese woods. As they probably feared it would be too boring for them alone, they forced me to join them. Not without proper substinence I cried out! And the norski filled his backpack with hot chocolate and and assortment of dried fruits and other delicacies from a local deli-shop here in my neighborhood. And away we went into the deep mysterious forest by way of train, and later on foot.
We walked for hour after hour. Deep snow. Icy winds. My ring-tail was constantly exposed to the elements.
Took a small teabreak close to something that looked like a forest-fireman watchtower. I was of course expecting a dash of my favorite Brandy in my tea, but was deeply disapointed... The break was abruptly shortened, 'cause the redhead was feeling a bit cold.

Well, to make a grueling experience short; We reached the trainstation after miles on slippery paths, and after a relatively short train journey we were home again.
Time for a bath!
Grunzl


Me somewhere, lost actually!, in the forest.

Teetotaling (norski didn't bring along my Brandy)

Is this what they call the "blue hour"?

At last; on my way home, on the train, to an appointment with a hot bath.

1 comment: